5/26/2017

Glimpses & Snippets, May 20, 2017 Edition

It's been over a month since I started this post... if that gives you any idea how full my life is right now! :D 

Hello, friends!

I have to apologize this is not a well-written post; I'm running on little sleep. ;o) That's why the good Lord invented Bullet Points.


Baby:
  • We are thoroughly enjoying Baby #4 'round here. Overall, she's a great baby--no colic here, folks! Praise God! All of the kids absolutely adore her. As do her Mama and Daddy.  I think that's one of the great things about having several children--the bond between them all. (They fight too, of course, but you know what I mean.)
  • I can not believe how quickly these first few months have gone. Cliche, I know, but it's so true! I finally (after 4 children) don't feel guilty for just sitting and holding her. I know it won't last and the dishes can wait. 
  • I also can't believe how quickly my days go by. They are so... FULL. Taking care of 4 little ones is no small task! Of course, Oldest is pretty independent, but not that much! So many days I stumble into bed thinking, "What did I even DO today?" The answer? Took care of 4 human beings. :)

School:
  • School's really been hit or miss. We had a week or two of full(ish) days, then we kind of hit a wall. Babyist takes a lot of time (see above!). It's funny how quickly one forgets these things. 
  • I've started looking at next year's book list. We've taken roughly 3 months off so we should be able to get caught up this summer, hopefully by the start of the new school year this fall. Should is the operative word here.

Other:
  • I've been reading a lot because late night feedings. I've been reading a lot of novels because I just don't have the brainpower for the heavy stuff right now. That said, I'm in the middle of Beyond Opinion, which is a great book on apologetics. (Are you friends with me on Goodreads yet??)
  • I've been thinking about the importance of theology lately. In the church that I grew up in the emphasis was more "get people saved" (which is a good thing, of course) but not so much "what do we do with them afterwards?" The first real taste I had of Biblical teaching or discipling, if you will, was at a church I attended as a young 20 something. I'm thirsty for more! Of course, I try to read books on theology (see above!), but I'm hoping I can be involved in a home study (our home?) sooner than later to hash out ideas with other fellow Christians. :)
That's all I've got for now--if I don't post it now, I never will! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi friend! It's April (threeoaksacademy from IG). Totally identified with your bullet point about theology. Can I ask what your church background is? I was raised Southern Baptist and that was definitely my experience (not to knock all Southern Baptists--I actually gather that a lot of Baptists have recognized this as an issue and have worked to make it better. I don't agree with all Baptist beliefs anymore but I love my Baptist homies.) We attend a Lutheran church. I love reading about theology but like you, don't have the brain cells for it most of the time. :p Any particular books you're hoping to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! :) We weren't Southern Baptists, just plain Baptists? I think? Our church was called "Bible Baptist." I'm the same--don't agree with some stuff COUGHlegalismCOUGH, but I know their intentions are good. We now belong to a Pentecostal church and LOVE it. Although, sometimes I think I would appreciate a more liturgical church like Anglican. (I'm all over the place, I know!) I do love our church though.

      I'd love to hear why you switched to Lutheran! Email me! sillyrednewby AT gmail.

      I don't have any books in mind. But I have been listening to a few good podcasts--Preventing Grace (they're Anglican ministers (priests? pastors??? I have no idea) and they're SO FUNNY and interesting (they're married). I also love James MacDonald from Vertical Church in Chicago - great Biblical teachings! What about you? :)

      Delete
  2. Loved your update, girl! :) Hug the four little humans for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DAHILNG! Love you!

      Delete
  3. Missed reading your posts Catie! So glad to hear baby #4 has been easy! Praise God is right! Looking forward to more posts soon. Cuddle that baby and don't give the dishes a second thought!! Catherine in KS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine! Hello! :) Nice to hear from you!!

      Do you have a blog yet???? :D Or Instagram? Anything??? :D It's ok if not. I really don't have the time either! LOL

      God bless you, lady! I appreciate your comments. <3

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!