I have to apologize this is not a well-written post; I'm running on little sleep. ;o) That's why the good Lord invented Bullet Points.
- We are thoroughly enjoying Baby #4 'round here. Overall, she's a great baby--no colic here, folks! Praise God! All of the kids absolutely adore her. As do her Mama and Daddy. I think that's one of the great things about having several children--the bond between them all. (They fight too, of course, but you know what I mean.)
- I can not believe how quickly these first few months have gone. Cliche, I know, but it's so true! I finally (after 4 children) don't feel guilty for just sitting and holding her. I know it won't last and the dishes can wait.
- I also can't believe how quickly my days go by. They are so... FULL. Taking care of 4 little ones is no small task! Of course, Oldest is pretty independent, but not that much! So many days I stumble into bed thinking, "What did I even DO today?" The answer? Took care of 4 human beings. :)
- School's really been hit or miss. We had a week or two of full(ish) days, then we kind of hit a wall. Babyist takes a lot of time (see above!). It's funny how quickly one forgets these things.
- I've started looking at next year's book list. We've taken roughly 3 months off so we should be able to get caught up this summer, hopefully by the start of the new school year this fall. Should is the operative word here.
- I've been reading a lot because late night feedings. I've been reading a lot of novels because I just don't have the brainpower for the heavy stuff right now. That said, I'm in the middle of Beyond Opinion, which is a great book on apologetics. (Are you friends with me on Goodreads yet??)
- I've been thinking about the importance of theology lately. In the church that I grew up in the emphasis was more "get people saved" (which is a good thing, of course) but not so much "what do we do with them afterwards?" The first real taste I had of Biblical teaching or discipling, if you will, was at a church I attended as a young 20 something. I'm thirsty for more! Of course, I try to read books on theology (see above!), but I'm hoping I can be involved in a home study (our home?) sooner than later to hash out ideas with other fellow Christians. :)