1/12/2017

Third Trimester Woes


 Our family at church on Christmas Day. You can't really see my bump in this picture, but I'm 30 weeks here.


There comes a point in pregnancy when you switch from "Oh my gosh. I have SO much to do before the baby gets here! I have to wash the curtains! I have to organize everyone's clothes! I have to clean the refrigerator! I have to completely re-organize my entire life!" 


to

"I'm not doing a dang thing for the next 6 weeks." 

Guess where I'm at?

10 weeks left!!! Ack!
I took this of myself on New Year's Eve, while my husband slept soundly on the couch. 
We were both in bed by 10:30.

I'm just so stinking tired. Some days, I will literally sit on the chair ALL DAY. Because it's all I can do, other than make most meals for everyone. Even then, I'll pull in as much help as possible. "Kids! You can make yourself a bowl of cereal for dinner! Daddy, you're on your own." 

But for reals. Every 4 or 5 days, I have one of these down days, where I can. not. move. I was feeling a bit guilty over it, but I got over that with the help of a pep-talk with a friend. In about 8 weeks, I'll be so busy and I'll be glad I took this time to just sit. That's what I tell myself anyway.

I've also decided to cut back a bit on school. After talking to that same friend, I realized that I am indeed trying to do way too much. It's so hard in our culture to slow the heck down, you know? The guilt of "not doing enough" comes on very quickly and hangs around for a long time. I'm doing my best to be ok with not doing All The Things right now.

All of that said, there are a few things I have to do before the baby comes:

- decide on a name. We've never had this trouble before! We've always known either before I was pregnant or early in the pregnancy what we would name each child. It's getting down to the wire here, people! We have a few ideas, but nothing we're completely sold on yet.

- get a bedroom set up for me and the baby (and Daddy, obvs). We've played musical rooms so many times in this house. It's a 3-ish bedroom--one of the bedrooms is technically the landing. So I'm not *exactly* sure where everyone's going to go yet. My poor husband has moved furniture so often in this house.


- get out baby paraphernalia. I have a few bins of newborn things that I need to get out and wash and get ready.

- get a New Baby School Plan ready. Really, all I want to do is have a basket of books ready and waiting that I can read from while nursing or what have you. But if I'm not intentional, it won't happen.

I'm short of breath just typing out all of this! 

(I actually have a prayer request for all of you out there--would you pray that I don't get any {more} rashes this pregnancy? I had PUPPS and Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis {I think PUPPS brought the other one on} for my first pregnancy, and the progesterone allergy hasn't gone away since. Basically, I had TWO very itchy rashes that completely covered my body for the last trimester of my first pregnancy and one of the itchy rashes - APD - comes back to some degree for each subsequent pregnancy.

I'm getting itchy on my belly and am concerned that PUPPS will come back, or my APD will get worse. :( Please pray against all itchiness! It's awful! :( I know the Lord won't give me anything I can't handle, but I'm still worried.)


So, that's where I'm at. What are you up to these days?

(Please don't misunderstand my pregnancy posts--I realize there are so many women who are unable to get pregnant, and obviously, I'm not trying to be insensitive. Even though I have a few aches and pains, I'm truly grateful for all my babies and children! I thank Jesus daily for the new life growing in me. I can not WAIT to meet her.  And she's completely worth it. :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Esther Cooper1/17/17, 6:19 AM

    Rest ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA. That Ryan meme...gasp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Ryan meme. We too have played musical rooms so many times in our home lol

    Will be praying about the rashes. :) Get all the rest you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!