- I woke up at 3am this morning with a(nother) headache. I don't have too many complaints about this pregnancy so far, but the headaches! Grr. I've spent way too much money at my chiropractor the last few months. I'm not even sure alignment is the issue right now; I think it might the pregnancy? Anyway, several times a week, every week, I get a horrible headache that keeps me from sleeping and may or may not go away with OTC meds. Pray for me, if you think of it! :)
- I've started Nesting. I'm fairly confident that this will be my last pregnancy (unless the Lord intervenes) so I've been getting rid of things faster than you can say Bob's Your Uncle! And my energy is back (Hello, Second Trimester!), so finishing up a few things each evening is taking top priority! The only downside is my husband and kids have to participate in Let's Keep this House Clean, much to their dismay.
- That leads me to my next point... what kinds of things are you getting rid of, you ask? BOY things! Yep, that's right!
It's a girl! :)
The girls are very excited! They can't wait to have a little baby girl to play with. It's really quite sweet. I'm a little nervous about the amount of estrogen that will be floating around up in here, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
20 weeks prego
- We've taken sugar and gluten out of my 6yo's diet. We were having some issues in regards to her behavior; lots of emotional responses (beyond normal childlike behavior), forgetting EVERYTHING, and not being able to fall asleep well, among other things.
These two are such good pals :)The good news is, we've noticed a difference! :) She's been much more manageable and reasonable since removing sugar and gluten from her diet. For the first two weeks, she had absolutely NO gluten or sugar, because I wanted to see if it would have an effect. After I noticed, that yes, it was making a difference in her attitude, I talked to my husband and we decided that as a rule, we'd be mostly SF and GF at home and let her have a little of either for special occasions, like birthdays, even then though we'll still limit the amount, "No, you may not have 2 pieces of cake." :)
Surprisingly, she's taken it very, very well. I first explained to her that we would take sugar and gluten out of her diet to see if it would help her feel better. I think she could understand that something wasn't quite right. And now that she's noticed a difference, her response when I tell her she may not have something is pretty good! It helps that I have alternatives for her--we've made lots and lots of black bean brownies. We've also had GF crackers and pasta.
Of course, this has meant that our whole family has lowered our sugar and gluten intake, which has been good. We eat pretty healthy in general, but too much sugar isn't good for anyone! I'm thinking it might be good to figure whether it's the sugar or the gluten that is making the most difference, but I'm a little nervous to try it at this point. Things are going pretty well and I don't want to shake it up!
- I've added my weekly planner and traceable calendar to my Free Printables page. Go check it out! :)
- Every year a good friend of ours has a wonderful birthday party, complete with a bouncy house and face painting. The girls love the face painting.
- We live in an area where there are lots of art fairs, festivals and fests. #artsyfartsy
I love it. :) Last weekend was the annual "Farm Art D'tour." There are lots of fun things to look at and cool places to visit, along with yummy food!
- The following weekend, after the Farm Art D'Tour, is the Fall Art Tour! We were able to see a local artisan at work, which was really fun.
- Last school year, the girls each started an embroidery project as a handicraft. Well, we've finally finished them! :)
Circle Time shenanigans.
Drawn narration of different kinds of bees, from Christian Science Reader #2.
Keeping Littlest busy with a rice and bean sensory bin. :) It lasted about an hour or so!
Our small town has a yearly Fire Department open house, complete with firetruck rides!
Reading lessons with Middlest.
That's all I have for now! What's new with you? :)