9/22/2016

Glimpses and Snippets - Lots of Big News!

(I apologize ahead of time for the overuse of exclamation points. You've been warned.)

We've had a lot of big news around here the past few weeks!

Middlest lost another tooth! 


Littlest is potty trained! 

 Oh my goodness. Those little underpants! *swoon*
 
I just love this little guy. 
 
It's going really well! Hardly any accidents and he wakes up dry most nights. (We've used the 3 Day Potty Training method for each child. They've all been different ages though. Oldest was 3 1/2 yo, Middlest was 22 months and Littlest was almost 3yo.)


And Littlest also turned 3 last week!

 Ignore the mess in the background. Ahem.
And the ugly cake. ;)



And I took Oldest to Rockford, IL (over 2 hours from our house) with our friend/librarian to a half price book sale at a Half Price Books Outlet!!! We did very well as you can see...


My friend and I shopped for over FOUR HOURS and Oldest did swimmingly. She was so patient--she would just grab a book off the shelf, find a chair and read while we shopped. :) What a sweetie!

Here are a few of the treasures I found:





I ended up purchasing 104 books and only spent $78!!!! Isn't that cray cray? See those 3 piles below closest to the edge of the counter? Those were all $0.50!! I still can't believe it. I got so many great books!

This cracked me up:

Apparently the story of Pocahontas is "irrelevant"?

That's about it for big news around here! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You did awesome! I love it when people post their book hauls :) We don't have a Half Price Books here...I have Goodwill and our quarterly library book sale. There are a few really good used bookstores where my parents live and I always visit those when I visit them. I even found Halliburton's Complete Book of Marvels for 7 bucks at one!

    That's great about your son. My dd5 still can't get through the night. Any tips in that regard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can tell you re: potty training is that first, I don't even WORRY about getting through the night. I'm still putting a Pull Up on him every night just in case. I'll prob do that for a long time b/c accidents happen! :) I've done that with all my kids. I don't even think about nighttime potty training. It's total chance that he wakes up dry. ;)

      I've also heard that it's VERY NORMAL for some kids to not be able to hold it all night. I think up to age 8 or 9 maybe? I wouldn't worry. I know it's a pain! But I think it *is* pretty normal. :)

      I cannot believe your 'baby' is ONE, btw! I meant to mention that on your last comment! SHEESH! Time flies!:) Looking forward to a post from you! But no pressure! I know it goes. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your update, girl! :D Your book haul is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing book haul!

    For the three day potty training method, do you just buy the eBook and it has all you need? I am desperate to train my four year old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not internet stalking you!!!! Sorry, guilty conscience there. I was getting worried so have a valid excuse. Haha miss you love you. Kids look great and so doooooo you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not internet stalking you!!!! Sorry, guilty conscience there. I was getting worried so have a valid excuse. Haha miss you love you. Kids look great and so doooooo you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right, stalker. :P

      Call me, woman! I texted you yesterday!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!