7/19/2016

Questions and Answers

Some of you may have noticed I closed my blog for the past week or so. Or you may *not* have noticed! HA! :o)

The truth is, I was blessed to attend the Living Education Retreat a week and a half ago and it gave me so much to think about. In regards to homeschooling, of course, but I've also been thinking about the "why" of things. Why do I blog?, for instance. There was so much inspiration and many big ideas were shared at LER; it made me really think about the things under the surface.

There's so much noise in this world right now. Am I just adding to it? (all of these questions are rhetorical.) Do I even have anything to say? How am I growing in my faith, as a mom and wife?

 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24



I've been thinking about this and other things, like, why do I feel so busy? #notthefirstpersontoask

My children are small: 8, 6 and almost-3. I know that I won't have this time with them forever. So, what is most important right now? 

I've decided to clear my schedule a bit, (starting in September and October) so I can focus more on my kids' education and be home in the evenings more.

I've also decided that I read blogs because I love getting a glimpse into others lives, especially those who are in the same season and who homeschool. I get ideas and inspiration from them!

I hope that's why you read here, too. I hope I never come across as knowing All The Things (I don't know how you would get that impression though, because I obviously don't! HA!) and I hope that you get a few ideas or inspiration. Or maybe you're just curious about one homeschool mom's journey. :)

I don't just want to add to the noise, but as I love reading and connecting with you, I hope you enjoy reading and connecting with me here. :) Relationships are the most important thing! First, at home, then elsewhere.

May the Lord bless you!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Woman! Good questions and reflections! :) For me personally, blogging is for ME. Just an outlook for my blatherings and photos. When I look at it that way, I don't worry about others or if it's changing the world, etc. I sure HOPE it encourages and inspires, but if I don't have any agenda, and no pressure to post a lot etc...then I feel that I can keep it going? Kwim? Or feel like you are coming across know it all-ish. I'm just writing it all down for posterity's sake. :) As far as schedule, boy, I get that. Mine is going to go down to NOTHING soon. I just have to survive one more vacation. LOL! Love you! Ames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Woman! I know what you mean, for sure. I think I do that, too! I think I get self-conscious very easily! That's part of it. Sigh. Will I ever be finished!? #jesuscomeback

      Delete
  2. Hey! Missed reading your posts!! I do enjoy reading and connecting with you here, so please, keep blogging! I find your posts encouraging in my own homeschooling journey!
    Catherine in KS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! You are sweet! YOU should start a blog, so I can connect with YOU more! ;) Are you on instagram? Or anything? :D

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you found reasons to continue being here. I like checking in and finding little bits to read and think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. You are so sweet! I love your blog, as well, even though I don't comment as much as I'd like to! I loved your last post with the pics of your in-laws visiting. :) We need more pics of YOU, though! :D

      I'm pretty sure I go through this "WHAT DOES IT ALL EVEN MEAN!?" stage more often than I'd like to admit. Sorry you all have to go through it with me! ;o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!