3/02/2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge March 2, 2016

1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?

Nothing special. School. Life. That's about it. :)

2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.


Well, I've really struggled with anger in the past. But I can honestly say, that over the last few years, I've seen improvement. That's not to say that I've arrived! Oh, no. In fact, the last two days were pretty horrible, but OVERALL, I *do* see improvement. And for that, I'm thankful. God is faithful. 

3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?

 
I never, ever read reviews on movies before I watch them. This is how I decide if we should watch a movie: I look at the cover and say, "Oh. I like that actor. Let's watch this one." I do NOT recommend doing that. We've started a LOT of movies that we haven't been able to finish. I did not watch the Oscars because we do not have TV (no TV channels--just Netflix) and I did not see any of the Best Picture Movies. But there are a few I want to see.


4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.



The last time we had overnight guests was last March--except we weren't actually here. My mom stayed overnight and watched our kids while we went to Mexico for our 10 year anniversary! Thanks, mom!

5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?


No, I will not celebrate. Ain't nobody got time for that. 
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!!!!

6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?


Failure is absolutely important! Look at all the great inventors who failed over and over again! Need I say more? :) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! We'll never to get to the "right" answer sometimes if we don't fail at it first.

7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.


Overnight with Mr. N at a B&B. For our 11th anniversary. :)

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 


I've been feeling like butter scraped over too much bread lately. (name that quote!) I NEED to take something out of my schedule, but I'm not sure what. I love all the extra-curricular things I do right now: waitress part-time, editing, library board, worship team, book clubs, grooming, Bible studies, homeschool group, maintaining important relationships, etcetera, etcetera! 

But I'm really feeling like in order to be a *good* homeschooling mom and wife, I need to cut a thing (or two!) out. Please pray for me! :) I'm feeling a bit stressed about it. Do you ever feel like that? I don't do a lot compared to some, but for me, in this season, it feels like a lot! 

Click here for more Wednesday Hodgepodges. 

6 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! It made me miss you and your humor! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksu6FENojY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA!!!! I was hoping someone would get it! Of course you do! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, compared to me, you do a lot of extra curricular stuff! What do you do on the worship team....sing, play guitar? Anyway, the only thing I do is my Monday night yoga class. I love it! It really relaxes me and gives me something special to work on for myself. I only started doing it recently, after 9 years of doing nothing at all outside the house. I feel like I'm always stretched thin, my house is always a wreck, and the laundry is usually piled up! But I know that my kids won't be little very long and that this is, indeed, just a season. Also, I've got yoga on Mondays so yay! I wonder, how do you find the time to do all that? I think I may be pretty bad at time management, but even still! Is your house usually messy?
    Catherine in KS
    P.s glad to read your posts again, I've missed reading than! But now I understand why you haven't written in a while...you've been super busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Catherine! You crack me up! I think we'd be great friend in real life. :)

      And, yes, my house IS usually messy. BAHAHAHA! Well, cluttered, anyway. That's part of the reason I feel like I need to cut something out. I'd like to spend more time ON making my home what I (we'd) like. :)

      Something's gotta give! Any advice? What should I cut out? :P

      Delete
  3. If you feel like something's gotta give, then probably something's gotta give! :) I hope you're able to find a balance, I'm sure you will!

    By the way, hubby and I went to see The Revenant. *Shudder* It was good, I guess, but a little gruesome. Don't watch it if you want to go hiking with your kids ever again LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela! I have been praying and thinking about what to cut out but it is tough, friend! :) Any advice?

      Thanks for the heads up on The Revenant. I'm in love with Tom Hardy. It's ok. My husband is comfortable with it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!