9/05/2015

Help the Refugees!

I don't read the news very much. Frankly, it's too depressing. It's overwhelming. There's so much pain and hurt in this world it's just. too. much. to handle.

I feel like during this season with little ones, I have to keep the morale up around here and give my children Truth, Beauty and Goodness, if they are to be lights in this dark world. And if I'm reading the news everyday it makes me want to crawl in a hole and never come out.

(That said, I don't shelter them from everything. We've been known to watch a Compassion video or two. Especially if "we" start thinking we have it "hard" around here.)

Don't get me wrong - it's not that we don't do anything. But I can't read about it every day. I just can't. At least not right now. I have every intention of giving my time and energy to the hurting world (namely, sex trafficking!) when my children are grown. There's so much to do out there! But right now, the extent of my help consists of monthly checks to my favorite charities.

I am so thankful I read this article this morning, however. I can't do much, but I can do something. And you can too:

5 Ways to Stand Up and Be The Church in the World's Worst Refugee Crisis Since World War II - Ann Voskamp

Please read this and do what you can to help! Even if it's donating $5 (a cup of coffee). As I read this article, the tears were running down my face. How can we not help? I can't literally go there and hug those children but I can support the people who are able to do something tangible, and so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!