8/28/2015

Back to Normal-ish!

Yesterday was the first day I felt normal-ish since the miscarriage. I can't totally explain it, but it was like someone flipped a switch or something. It was a very noticeable difference. I remember thinking, Hey! I don't feel like every. little. thing. is going to send me OVER THE EDGE! Hallelujah!!

I was really feeling like I couldn't handle very much. Like I was a ticking-time bomb. :( But I feel sooo much better now! It must've been the hormones? I don't know. I'm just glad things are back to normal. ish.

Although, nothing's ever really normal, amIright?

I hope the next time I'm *in* something, I can learn to relax a bit and not try to fix everything. I think I often do that--when I'm in a rough season, I can't see the forest for the trees, and I try to MAKE EVERYTHING NORMAL. Well, that doesn't work when there's a man down, so to speak. I should've cut myself more slack, given the kids more grace(!) and taken it easy a bit more and realized that the season wouldn't last forever.

You live, you learn, right? I'm thankful for that! :)

His mercies are new every morning!

~~~~ 

Here are a few pics from a local Deer Park we visited. The kids and I had so much fun!





One thing that I continually find interesting is the fact that I have to keep Littlest from mauling the animals (read: he LOVES them) when Oldest was hesitant to walk in the park at all at first! She got over it, obviously. :)













7 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Me too! (Can't wait to show you the hat I'm working on!)

      Delete
  2. So thankul to read this, Catie...evidence of answered prayers!
    Have a blessed week, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankul to read this, Catie...evidence of answered prayers!
    Have a blessed week, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankul to read this, Catie...evidence of answered prayers!
    Have a blessed week, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! :) Yes! The Lord is so faithful.

      (I'm not sure why my blog keeps repeating comments! sorry!)

      Delete
  5. What sweet pictures :) I've never been to (or heard of) a deer farm. That's neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!