4/02/2015

My Favorite Podcasts

I want to share a few of my favorite podcasts with you. :) Please share yours in the comments!

Read Aloud Revival - This is my favorite right now. Love it, love it, love it. It's smart, useful, interesting and practically perfect in every way. :)

Grammar Girl - Any other Grammar Geeks out there? I'm not a true Grammar Geek; I've not had any formal schooling (other than high school classes). But I find it terribly interesting and I'm always trying to improve my grammar. Because it's fun!

James MacDonald - One of my friends turned me on to MacDonald a few years back when we were on the MOPS Steering team together. When I want some good in-your-face-with-no-frills Bible teaching, I listen to him.

Ravi Zacharias - I love apologetics. It's one of the many reasons I love C.S. Lewis. Ravi's teaching is similar to Lewis' in that it's very easy for someone like *me* to understand, even though the subject matter is deep. ;) (PS His daughter wrote an amazing book.)

Katy Says - A fellow blogger friend told me about the Katy Says blog almost 2 years ago. At the time I didn't feel like I could handle any more information but I *was* interested. The thing that piqued my interest was that Katy Says you shouldn't use a pillow. (Mr. N has gone without a pillow now for a few weeks and he likes it!)

Recently, Brandy mentioned the KatySays podcast so I've given it a listen. Pretty interesting stuff! Katy is a biomechanist and she talks about alignment among other things. Note: *I* think she takes some things a leeetle too far (she just got rid of her couch!) but eat the meat and spit out the bones, right?

The Art of Simple - These are hit or miss. But the good ones are really good. None of them are bad, just not interesting to me; like the one where she interviews an author of a cookbook. Snorrific. But that doesn't mean that you won't like it!

Happier with Gretchen Rubin - These are just fun little podcasts where Rubin (author of the Happiness Project) chats with her sister about ways to become happier. Obviously, as a Christian, I believe there is more to happiness than just making your bed every morning, but it can't hurt. ;)


Which podcasts do you listen to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!