3/24/2015

Ten Years!

Last week we celebrated our Ten Year Anniversary on March 16th. Wow. That is so crazy. What's even crazier is that we've actually been together for about 15 years. I was 18 and he was just a baby at 17. For the record, I do not feel that old.



Ten years ago on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii. March 16, 2005

In the scheme of things ten years isn't very long. At the same time, I feel like these days, ten years of marriage *is* long. (I'm not making any sense, am I?) Unfortunately, the divorce rate is high, but maybe not as high as we think? (Thanks for that link, Nelleke!)

I was going to write a "Ten Things I've Learned in Ten Years" post, but it just sounded too preachy, and the truth is, even after 10 15 years I still don't know that much. The One Thing that I'm certain of is if I keep Jesus first in my life, my marriage will be fine.

That is if Mr. N keeps Jesus First, too.

Which he does.

Thank goodness.

So, instead of Ten Things I've Learned blah, blah, blah, here are...
 

Ten Things I Love About My Husband

1. He doesn't hang on my every word. This might sound strange, but I love that the Universe doesn't hang on what I'm going to say next. He's his own person with his own thoughts and opinions and he lets me be and have the same. (Read: he's not "needy." I love that.)

2. He's hot. (You thought this was going to be deep?)

3.  He's HILARIOUS. Not a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh. Literally. He should get paid for how funny he is. Example: when I was writing my other Ten Things I Learned post that I deleted, I wrote "I don't have to be right all the time" and his response was, "But it helps."

4. He's faithful. He's faithful to his family, at work and to his friends. 

5. He has a servant's heart. (Read: he does pretty much anything I ask.) I've learned, though, to make abundantly clear WHEN I want said thing done. Otherwise it might be next week... or month.

6. He's a wonderful Daddy. Our kids look forward to seeing him every single day when he gets home from work. He's like celebrity around here. :)

7. He loves Jesus. This is *the* most important thing.

8. He's a snappy dresser. I don't have to dress him. (See #1)

9. He's a perfectionist. Ok. I'll be honest. Sometimes this kind of bugs me because he won't start something that he can't complete to perfection. The flip-side is, of course, that I can always count on a job well-done when he *does* do The Thing.

10. He's an amazing cook and he'll cook anytime I ask. (See #9) Did I marry up or what?



Our life together in pictures..

around 2001, when we were wee babes

a few years later, in our second place together
 our wedding in Hawaii, 2005
 
expecting our first baby in 2008



sad note: the man in the background passed away last year unexpectedly. He's very much missed. :(

a staring contest with oldest






At a Newsboys(!) concert a few days ago.

Another thing I love about Mr. N? His looks are ever-changing. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to both of you! This April will be ten years for my husband and me as well (and our first child was also born in 2008!) (but we didn't get married on a beach in Hawaii...). Keep up the good work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. And I love all the great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!