9/14/2014

God is Good

Lately I've really been struck by how good God is. He loves us so much. He loves me so much. If I really think about where I've been in life, I realize that I don't deserve any of what I have. I have a warm, cozy home. I have an adorable, funny and faithful husband.

 Mr. N and I in 2010.


I have three amazing, life-changing children. I get to stay home with them! I get to homeschool them! What privileges!

I have all of this, after all I've done and continue to do. After all of the bad choices I've made. Of which there have been lots. Trust me.

I think that's part of why I'm really feeling His gracious love lately; I know my own heart. I know who I really am. I have so many secrets and sins. Don't we all?

But He loves us anyway. He loves me anyway. In fact, He loved us FIRST. He loved us before we even so much as glanced in His direction. 
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
I've been struggling with a few things recently--certain temptations--and strangely, though I feel like there's a gap between me and the Lord because of them, at the same time, I feel His grace and mercy more than ever.

I keep coming back to David. David who wrote the Psalms. Who fought the giant. Who was a man after God's own heart. 
..God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’ -Acts 13:23
He murdered and committed adultery! He was a man after God's own heart.

Sometimes I just don't feel worthy enough to even call myself a Christian. Sometimes I feel like "how can God love me?" But He does!


He just loves us (me) so much. It's pretty amazing.

I'm praying that the Lord gives you a glimpse of His love for YOU. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!