8/29/2014

Week-In-A-Post #2



It's that time again! I'm pretty amazed with myself for doing this TWICE in a row! I usually have a hard time committing when it comes to my blog.

--- Littlest will be ONE YEAR OLD next month!!! I can not even believe that. This last year has just flown by. He has been such a blessing to this family. He is the apple of our eyes. He completes us. He had us at "hello." I think you get the point.


He's still not eating very much food. *sigh* And so far he's shown an allergy to dairy and possibly wheat . On the bright side, he's nursing like a champ! All. night. long. *yawn*

He's been "talking" for a few months now and I was telling Mr. N the other day that he sounds German or Russian. His chattering is very consonant heavy; Bft! Bopt! Dipt! Bch! It's adorable. See for yourself: (Also notice, he's acquired the nickname, "Bubby." I'm also trying to get him to say "Mama" to which he usually replies, "dadadadada." Hmph.)




--- I have BANNED Frozen songs from being sung in our house. BANNED. After months of "Let It Go" being sung day after day after long shove-an-ice-pick-in-my-eye day, I had to put a stop to it. It's not even funny, people. Now I make the girls pay me if they even so much as hum a Frozen tune. True story.

Incidentally, I had no idea how many times we said the phrase "let it (her, him, them) go" in conversation.


---I really want to make my own diaper bag and am hope to have time to do that soon. BAHAHAHA! That was a good one.

The truth is, I could make the time if I really wanted to. It's just when evening comes around, when I'd most likely be able to get the bag done, I'm exhausted. I usually choose to sit and chat with Mr. N or read on my Kindle or stare blankly into space. You know, productive things like that. So it's not so much that I don't have time, I just don't make time.

I digress.

Here's the bag that I want to make. I really want a diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag, but even more, I want one I can wash. Hopefully before Littlest turns 5 I can get it done.

That's it for this week. If you'd like to join in, let me know. I'd love to read what you're up to!

3 comments:

  1. The video is adorable but that picture of your little guy is out of this world cute. Peench those little cheeks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catie,
    I think it is so cool that you are making your own diaper bag! I just use an old backpack that I had laying around...it's good since I usually need my hands free for carrying my littlest, who incidentally will be one next week as well, on the 5th. What about yours? Also, wondering, do you use a baby carrier at all for your little guy? Catherine in KS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda! I know! Love those cheeks! And the other ones! HA!

    Hi Catherine! :) Well, I'm not actually making the bag yet.. don't hold your breath! LOL A backpack is a great idea. I should keep my eyes open for one at the thrift store.

    My little guy will be 1 on the 15th. :) He was actually born on his due date!

    I do use a carrier sometimes nowadays. When he was first born I used the Kangaroo Korner wrap ALL THE TIME. Here's a picture: (http://solongsleep.blogspot.com/2013/11/update.html) I loved it and so did he! I could still take care of the girls and he could sleep. :) I'd love to see pics of your little guy, but understand if you want to remain anonymous. ;) My email is sillyrednewby AT gmail.

    I only use one now (a HotSling) if the stroller isn't an option. He's HEAVY! What about you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!