6/10/2014

Embroidery Projects

(I accidentally pressed "Publish" the first time around, so this is the REAL post. sigh. )

I had a request to show my completed wedding gift that I briefly mentioned here . It's not much, but I really like how it turned out. In case you can't read it, the bride and groom's names are Conrad and Lori. I was inspired by (read: COPIED) this.



The nice thing about this gift is it didn't cost me a dime. I had all the supplies on hand. The material is an old (gently used) sheet. I picked a pretty font that I liked, in this case it was Halo Handletter, printed it off, traced it onto my fabric with a pencil, then embroidered it! Easy, peasy, nice and cheesy as my 5 year old would say.
I had so much fun working on that gift, that I decided to make something for myself. I've been meaning to make a needle book for some time. (I made one for my mom for Christmas a few years back and I *think* she liked it? Right, Ma?) Larissa at mmmcrafts inspired this project. (If you don't read that blog, you should.) Of course, her needle books are amazing and for sale here.

I knew mine would have to have a bird on it. So I found a bird that I liked and made it my own. I can't find the link for the one I made, but here's some inspiration if you need it.

I'd never quite gotten the hang of french knots, which is what I used for the eye, but I found this great tutorial and it turns out, I was doing them wrong. Life-changing, I tell ya!


Oldest finished her embroidery project, too. She did a great job! I'm so proud of her. And of course, I'm absolutely beside myself that we can now embroider together. EEK!
 


In case you don't recognize her, it's Princess Peach. So. cute.


I helped her a little bit here and there, but mostly just to start and finish a color. Didn't she do a great job!?



What projects have you been working on?


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, yes she did (a good job, that is.) Such a cute project and she did fabulous!

    And I love your bird and the wedding gift. So classic looking.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that wedding gift!!! So nice. G did a GREAT job on hers!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!