5/12/2014

The Anger Monster Part 3 or Breaking Free is SO COOL

Ok. Everyone's napping or in Quiet Time (yes, I used capitals--it's THAT important!). Let's see if I can finish a post..

After this post, I'm going to stop talking about The Anger Monster for a while. Maybe. Unless I need more accountability. Which I probably will. I digress.

I simply cannot tell you how INDISPENSABLE the Breaking Free study has been on my dealing with my anger. Man! It's pretty awesome! Well, the process isn't *that* awesome; but the end result is! (will be?)

A few gems I just have to share with you--

"God has reserved momentous victories and great rewards for us. But we'll never make it to our milestones if can't make it through our moments."  Beth Moore (emphasis mine)

AMEN, Sister!

This one really spoke to me. I have this goal--one of not (ever) getting angry and lashing out at my children. (Notice I didn't just say "not getting angry." Anger itself isn't a sin (Eph 4:26), it's what you do with it. But you all probably knew that already.)

So. My goal: To not lash out in anger at my loved ones. 

Up until recently this has been very difficult. Can I just stop here and say that different seasons of life make it more difficult? Being pregnant, having a newborn, switching jobs, moving, etc, are all seasons of life when it's harder to be cool, calm and collected, amIright?

In order to reach my goal of remaining cool, calm and collected (milestone) I have to, have to, have to get through my MOMENTS. It reminds me of Baby Steps. Anyone else a What About Bob? fan? Me too.

Thinking of not getting angry ever again seems daunting. Of course, with Christ all things are possible (Mark 10:27), but I'm human! He knows I'm human! And He promises us grace for today (2 Cor 12:9). So if I can get through the next moment, and the next and the next, I'll make it to my milestone. Yippee!

The next gem I have to share with you is: There will be an end to the temptation! Beth explains that at first resisting temptation will be hard. Then it will be the hardest. And then? Wait for it... it will get easier. And then it will be UNDER MY FEET.

UNDER. MY. FEET. 

I've always thought of the sins I struggle with often will always be there. I'll always have to deal with them and work very hard at not giving in. That's a little depressing and frankly, makes the task of getting through the "moments" a little more difficult.

HOWEVER, God promises victory! I may always be tempted, but with the Lord's help, giving in to the temptation, should, over time, get easier.

Of course, there will always be something that God is working on in my life (thank goodness!) but with any hope, it won't always be anger! Someday I may not have to fight tooth and nail to have a little self-control in those heated moments.

How do you get through the moment, you ask? Why, pray, of course! Easy, peasy!

Except it isn't so easy, because we (I) never do it! Well, never did it. I'm doing it now. Or trying to, at least. I'm so sick and tired of fighting this battle. I'm giving it all I have!

We're only on Week 4 in the Breaking Free study and I'm so looking forward to finishing it.

Have you read any of Beth Moore's books or done any study's? Your favorite?

P.S. I almost made it to the end of Quiet Time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!