5/18/2014

Book Review: Walking On Broken Glass


Walking on Broken GlassWalking on Broken Glass by Christa Allan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't think I would like this book because of the content; it's about an alcoholic who's Christian friend lovingly tells her she needs to go to rehab.

The other component in the story (without giving too much away) has to do with her and her husband's intimate life. ahem.

Things I liked about this book:
- it's well written and easily read. I LOVED the way the author describes scenes in the story. She has the metaphor/simile thing DOWN. :)
- even though the story is about alcoholism, I found I could still relate to the character in some ways.
- I appreciated the Christian slant HOWEVER..

..that brings me to things I didn't like:
- even though this is a "Christian" book, I felt like God was just thrown in here and there. I would've really liked to see some deeper spiritual insights. Her friend was obviously a Christian, but I'm *still* not sure if the main character, Leah, was.
- there wasn't enough closure for me in several areas - (view spoiler)

I'm not sure if I would recommend this or not. Half of me really liked it and the other half, well... meh.

All of that said, I liked it enough to read some more of this author's novels. :)

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!