2/22/2014

Rinse and repeat

In case this post, in which I tell you how I'm trying to rely more on the Holy Spirit in my parenting, caused you to think I've got it all together, I'd like to bring you some realness tonight.

I'm sucking at being a mom these days. This time of year really gets to me. I try not to let it, but the days are cold and long and we're all stuck inside and getting on each others nerves. I NEED SUNSHINE DARNIT.


Sure, I'm praying for wisdom and help but it seems like 30 seconds after I've prayed, I've blown it again. And again. Rinse and repeat.

I feel like giving up on some things. Giving up on ever having a clean house again. Which, honestly, I'm fine with. Clean homes are overrated anyway.

Giving up on ever being able to communicate an intelligent coherent thought again.

Giving up on giving my husband the time and attention he deserves because at the end of the day I can barely stay awake past 8:30. No joke.

Giving up on sleeping. Ever.

Giving up on thinking my children will ever want to be friends with me.

 Isn't this diaper so cute? Not to mention the baby in it.

I'm starting to sound a bit melodramatic, aren't I? And I wonder where my girls get it from.

So, yes, days like today, this is how I feel. 

BUT.

I know that even though today was a bad day, it was just that. A bad day. Tomorrow will (hopefully) be better. And if it's not? The day after that will be fresh with new mercies and grace. And the day after that and the day after that. Rinse and repeat.

 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end; 

 they are new every morning;    great is your faithfulness.   ~Lamentations 3:22-23

It is not hopeless. Even though, right now, it feels like it. Tomorrow is a new day.  

Thank you, Lord, for your new mercies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!