2/24/2014

Recent Crafty Projects

Thought I would share some of the projects I've been working on. I have a friend who went on a fair-isle hat knitting spree before Christmas and it inspired me to blow the dust off of my own yarn stash. She actually took the time to teach another friend and me how to knit a fair-isle hat! Whoopie! When I was knitting it, Oldest asked if she could have it. Of course, I said yes.


And of course, she couldn't resist a goofy picture. She is her mother's child.



I asked her to model this headband I made for her also. She couldn't do it without her "giraffy." The headband pattern is from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders and I learned how to do the crocheted flower with this YouTube tutorial.




Here's another headband that is crocheted. I don't like it as much as the knitted one.

The fun thing about these (or any) headbands is if you add a button, you can crochet different accessories to go on them. Like this heart, flower or butterfly. The girls love them.


Crocheting is my newest endeavor. I still prefer knitting I think, but I do, however, love that it's fast! The instant gratification with crocheting is so great! I've been finding all sorts of crochet projects that I like on Pinterest.

This is a taggy cube that I made for Littlest for Christmas. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to make it, start to finish.  Here's the tutorial that I *sort of* followed. This looks like a good tutorial for a Taggy Ball. Maybe I'll try that next.


I wanted a few of the sides to be crinkly and then I had a scathingly brilliant idea! I took the plastic from a cereal bag and cut two pieces the same size as my fabric squares then just sewed it along with fabric. It worked wonderfully! The cereal bag plastic is just the right thickness.



I was inspired by this pin to make these granny squares. Don't you just love the colors she used?? Believe it or not, when I started crocheting the first one I thought I was going to make the blanket. Then I realized how silly that was. I don't have enough patience, time or yarn for that right now. So now I have (soon to be) 4 granny squares. That is all.


I gotta tell ya. These were very fun to crochet. It's a little addicting, actually. Maybe someday I will make a blanket.

If you're looking for some crocheting (or otherwise) inspiration you have to check out the blog, Coco Rose Diaries. So loverly. It's my new favorite.



What projects have you been working on?

1 comment:

  1. I missed this - guess I'm finally figuring this blog-thing out.

    Great projects. Love that faire isle hat. Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!