1/10/2014

7 Quick Takes


Since I can't seem to get a regular post in these days, I thought I would participate in 7 Quick Takes. 


7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes about FitBit, couch rejection, and an important lesson about letting your spouse know if you leave pipe valves open


1. I can't even tell you how ecstatic I am to have a baby that isn't colicky! You're all probably sick of hearing about it by now (especially those of you in real life), but I'm sorry! It still hasn't gotten old for me yet. This little guy is SUCH A JOY. As you can see, there's no shortage of cuddles around here.

2. I FINALLY started using cloth diapers last week and I'm loving them. I have some BumGenius 4.0's, a few Kawaii pocket diapers (love these! they are like the BumGenius but cost HALF as much) and a couple Best Bottom's. I still use disposables at night because it's just easier. And I've had a few people tell me that the ammonia smell in the morning is horrible, so maybe I'll always use disposables at night? 


3. We live in Southern Wisconsin and the weather has been horrible since about the beginning of November. I can probably count on one hand how many days have been above FREEZING. Brrr. Today it's supposed to be 34 degrees! WOOHOO! (I hate it when I get excited about temperatures less than 60 degrees. Hurry up, Spring!)
 
4. I knit my mother a scarf for Christmas and since then I've got the Knitting Bug back! I just received Last-Minute Knitted Gifts and More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts from the library and am excited to start some new projects (and finish some old ones). If you're on Ravelry, feel free to friend me.

5. I really need to start eating healthy again. I really wanted this last pregnancy to be a healthier one, but I ended up eating a ton of sugar and haven't stopped since. I'm not getting the greatest sleep right now and I've been feeling pretty yucky. So I really need to focus on my eating habits. I know it will help me to feel so much better. I'm so thankful that my husband is totally on board with this. In fact, he usually eats better than I do. 

6. I haven't done nearly as much schooling as I'd hoped by this point. Thank goodness Oldest is a quick study and I don't think I have too much to worry about. ;o) Also, she's only 5. We've got time.

7. I'm still trying to find my groove as a mom of 3. I'm just not sure how to find time for things other than changing diapers, nursing, making meals, dishes and laundry. Who am I kidding? I only do about half of those. My house is a disaster and I want so bad to organize (read: throw a bunch of crap away) but there just. isn't. time.

I keep trying to remind myself that Littlest won't always be this little and eventually I'll have time for other (less important) things. I really am trying to savor the sweet moments this season of life. They are sweet, that's for sure.



Head to Conversion Diaries for more Quick Takes!

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute and he looks like such a happy baby!! It's such a blessing that he isn't colicky. I'd be shouting it from the roof tops also! I forgot, do you homeschool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute and he looks like such a happy baby!! It's such a blessing that he isn't colicky. I'd be shouting it from the roof tops also! I forgot, do you homeschool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do homeschool but we haven't started much yet. :) We are using the Charlotte Mason method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute baby!!

    Regarding cloth diapers and dispoibles...after so many years of cloth diapering babies, I've come up with a system of using cloth during the day and disposibles at night (and for trips/vacations, etc.). My babies have all nursed very frequently at night, well past a year and the cloth diapers just don't hold that much pee. So, I've been happy using disposibles at night because they hold more and I don't have to change them in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Amelia! :) He's a wonderful little guy! I'm glad to know you use disposables at night too (I see you have 4 children). I probably will do that for a while. I'm hoping to potty train early so I won't have to use diapers that long(are you laughing?). My last child trained at 22 months, so here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!