8/29/2013

My Pregnancy Week 37

Ugh. Last week was a tough week. In more ways than one.

I can't decide if I want the next 4 weeks to by quickly or not. Not that I have a choice in the matter.

On one hand, physically, I AM READY FOR THIS BABY TO BE OUT. ;) I really want to meet him and I don't particularly enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy; the sleepless nights, not being able to go anywhere where a bathroom isn't close by, not being able to sit/stand for long periods of time, and this time around I have a bit more pelvic and belly pain. And the ITCHING on my belly is getting worse. Pray for me!

I've been having about 10-20 Braxton-Hicks contractions a day and while they're not particularly painful, they do make me stop and catch my breath. Which is not something I have time for! So much to do!

On the other hand, I don't feel at all ready emotionally. I probably never will though. :) Middlest is going through the "Terrible 3's." I didn't think the Two's were terrible at all--for both girls. Anyone else have that?

There's been a few other emotional hiccups for me lately that have thrown me off a bit. But in my heart I know..
All things work together for good to those that love God. ~ Romans 8:28

I'm taking comfort in this Truth. I just don't know how people get through the tough times in life without the Lord. 

A friend called me a few days ago and gave me some great advice that really encouraged me. (So thankful for my friends!) She reminded me that this season of life should be beautiful--we are bringing a new life into the world! And the devil will do everything he can to screw it up.   

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. ~ Ephesians 6:12

I realized that I was wasting my energy on feeling sorry for myself and focusing on all the things "wrong" with my environment and my relationships. 

All in all, I'm extremely thankful for this baby boy and I can NOT wait to meet him! I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Try to enjoy these last few weeks. Pretty soon you'll be comfortable again and someday, you'll miss being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being there earlier this year with our third, Abigail. The last few weeks are interesting, in that you want them go fast, and yet slow.

    I didn't truly have issues with the terrible twos, except I'd call it terrible teething. It was when they teethed (second molars) that we had issues with behavior. 3s on the other hand. OH my, yes. I'd call it terrible 3s more then 2 any day!

    They are starting to turn into little people, and yet are still young. It's a hard balance I think for them. :)

    I hope the birth goes REALLY smooth. Enjoy these last few weeks with the girls, as life is so much different with three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, 3 is much worse than two if you don't keep on top of their temper tantrums and whining. Once they learn they aren't going to get away with it they're little angels.

    I'm due this week with my 6th and feeling HORRIBLE. The good news is that I have been sleeping a lot better this pregnancy but I still have a bad night here or there. The bad news is that I always go a week over so I can't plan on the baby coming till next week. Sob!

    I see you like babies, Charlotte Mason, C.S. Lewis and Nourishing Traditions. We have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your last few weeks and your delivery! Are you having your baby at home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Angela! :) I'm not sure if I'll MISS being prego, though! I'm so not one of those girls! LOL

    Sarah - thanks for stopping by! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think the 2's were terrible! I'm just WAITING for the day when my 3 yr old gets a TAD easier. *whew!* I REALLY like that you said it's a "hard balance for THEM"--that reminds me to show the girl some GRACE!! Thank you!

    Jane - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. The end of preg. is FOR THE BIRDS. I really don't *love* being prego in general, but until babies come a different way, I don't see any way around it! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!