7/30/2013

Late Night Thoughts with Catie

To some of  you, quarter to eleven might not be "late night", but for this early-to-bed, early-to-rise girl, it's really late. I'm tired, but just can't sleep. Ahh. The joys of being pregnant. I have terrible restless legs. I had it with both girls and it's recently started with Baby #3.

I have a few thoughts rolling around in my head that I might as well get out on "paper" since I can't sleep:

~ I'm not sure what made me think of this, but why do most maternity clothes have HORIZONTAL stripes on them? Most of mine do, anyway. Doesn't everyone know that that makes you look WIDER?

~ I wonder if the fact that this little guy inside me never. stops. moving. is a peek into the future? I remember moments during my first pregnancy when I'd panic because I hadn't felt a kick in a long time. Baby #2 was mostly really active at night. And both of those things are still true to this day. Oldest is generally a calmer, less active girl and Middlest is wild active especially at bedtime. Will Littlest be active ALL THE TIME, I wonder?

~ I wonder if I'll go early with this one? (due date is Sept 15) I've been having a TON of contractions--none painful--and I *hope* they're doing something. I'm not holding my breath though.

~ I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. That's been my mantra for the past few weeks. Tomorrow will be better. I've really been struggling with my attitude these past few weeks. I've been quite cranky, actually. It doesn't help that the Littles have been especially difficult, but I'm positive they're feeding off of my crankiness. Also, their attitudes shouldn't affect mine. It's a vicious cycle and every morning I pray that the Lord will help me to break it!

~ I still have 7 weeks to go until Baby arrives and I'm already having a difficult time walking for any length of time! What's up with that?! I'm really wishing I would've continued exercising through this pregnancy. I started off pretty well. *sigh*

~ This will win the random thought award: I really can't stand books that are SO predictable and SO not how things are in real life. I'm in the middle of Five Days in Skye. (which I can't believe 89 people have given it 5 stars on Amazon!) I was looking for a lighter read because I've been reading a lot of heavier stuff lately. Well, I got more than I bargained for in the "lighter" department. The book is predictable beyond belief and it's just another boring book where the characters say and do things that real people DON'T DO!! i.e.: (and I'm paraphrasing here, from about every "romance" novel)

I looked into her eyes with wonder at how anyone could ever harm this strong yet gentle, angel of a woman. I wanted to take her into my arms forever, but I knew I needed to take my time. She still had a wall surrounding her heart that needed to be broken down. 

Two words. BORING! and SERIOUSLY? Do men really think like that?? No. They don't. And I, for one, like them that way. I don't want a man who turns into a ball of mush every time he sees a beautiful sunset. Thankyouverymuch.

If you're looking for a lighter novel that doesn't disappoint, a few examples are At the Scent of Water by Linda Nichols and Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson. Both of those are easy reads, but the characters actually say and do things that real people would say and do!!

Glad I got that off my chest.

Thank you for reading Late Night Thoughts with Catie. Stay tuned for more tales of interest.... I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's encouraging!